B.Sc Nursing Admission through NEET 2024: Admission to B.Sc nursing courses will be based on the scores of the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2024. To learn more about the eligibility criteria and other important details for B.Sc nursing admission through NEET 2024, please refer to the article below.
The NEET exam is conducted in pen and paper mode for admission to various healthcare courses like BSc nursing, MBBS, BDS, AYUSH, and veterinary seats. Following the release of the NEET 2024 results, the admission process for BSc nursing courses begins, based on the NEET 2024 scores. If you are looking for more information on B.Sc Nursing Admission through NEET 2024, including an overview, eligibility criteria, latest updates, and participating institutions, please refer to the article below.
B.Sc Nursing 2024 – Highlights
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing, also known as B.Sc. Nursing, is a four-year undergraduate program in the medical science field. It offers individuals the chance to contribute to the healthcare sector and provide assistance to those in need.
B.Sc Nursing 2024 – Overview
Full Form of B.Sc Nursing
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Physics, Chemistry and Biology
Average Fees Incurred
Fee ranges from Rs 8,500 – 1.3 lakhs per annum
Average Salary Offered
Rs 3.2 lakhs per annum
Staff Nurse, Registered Nurse (RN), Nurse Educator, Medical Coder, Registered Nurse (RN) – Emergency Room, Nurse – Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) Registered Nurse etc.
Apollo Group, Inc., Fortis Hospitals, Manipal Group, Medica etc.
B.Sc Nursing Admission through NEET 2024 – Eligibility Criteria
The Indian Nursing Council (INC) has recently issued an update regarding the eligibility criteria for B.Sc Nursing in NEET UG. It is important to note that NTA does not play a role in determining the eligibility conditions for B.Sc Nursing in NEET 2024, as confirmed by the officials in the notice.
Aspiring candidates who wish to pursue B.Sc Nursing are advised to refer to the eligibility criteria specified by the respective colleges, institutes, or deemed universities. Below, you will find the essential eligibility criteria for admission to B.Sc Nursing in 2024, based on NEET scores.
- Minimum Age: Aspiring candidates must be 17 years old as of December 31st of the nursing admission year.
- Qualifying Examination: Candidates should have successfully completed Class 12, with physics, chemistry, biology, and English as compulsory subjects.
- Aggregate Marks: General category candidates should score a minimum of 45% in the qualifying examination, while SC/ST/OBC candidates must secure a minimum of 40%.
- Reservation Policy: Reservation will be provided as follows: 3% for candidates with disabilities (PwD), 10% for Economically Weaker Section (EWS), 15% for Scheduled Caste (SC), 7.5% for Scheduled Tribes (ST), and 17% for OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates.
NEET BSc Nursing 2024 Application Form
To secure admission for BSc nursing, aspiring candidates are advised to register for NEET 2024 by following the steps outlined below:
1. Registration: Visit neet.nta.nic.in and complete the registration process. Provide accurate personal, identification, and communication details.
2. Application Form: After registration, proceed to fill out the NTA NEET BSc nursing 2024 application form. Ensure that you provide all the required information, such as caste category, nationality, state code, choice of exam cities, choice of language for the question paper, academic qualifications, and parental details.
3. Image Upload: Upload the necessary documents in the specified NTA format. Make sure to adhere to the image specifications to avoid rejection of your NEET-UG application form.
4. Application Fee: Pay the NEET 2024 BSc nursing application form fee online using Debit/Credit Card, Net-banking, UPI, or any other supported service provider. Once the payment is successful, a confirmation page will be generated.
5. Print Application Form: Finally, upon completing the process, don’t forget to take a printout of the submitted NEET UG application form for BSc nursing admission in 2024.
By following these steps, you can ensure that you complete the necessary procedures on time and increase your chances of securing admission for BSc nursing.
B.Sc Nursing Admission through NEET 2024 – Exam Pattern
Prospective candidates seeking admission to BSc nursing programs based on NEET scores should familiarize themselves with the NEET 2024 exam pattern. According to the recently released NEET UG paper pattern, there will be a total of 200 questions, out of which candidates are required to answer 180 questions.
The NEET exam pattern consists of two sections – Section A and B. It is important to note that Section A comprises 35 mandatory questions, while Section B consists of 15 questions, of which candidates need to answer any 10 questions of their choice.
NEET UG 2024 exam pattern for B.Sc nursing admission
Mode of exam
Duration of exam
3 hours 20 minutes
Total number of questions
180 questions have to be attempted out of 200 questions
3 sections – Physics, Chemistry, Biology
Name of the section and number of questions asked from it
35 + 15
35 + 15
35 + 15
35 + 15
B.Sc Nursing Admission through NEET 2024 – Participating Institutes
The NEET (UG) – 2024 exam results can be utilized by various Central/State Government entities, including the Indian Nursing Council, Nursing Colleges, Schools, JIPMER, for admission to relevant courses such as B.Sc Nursing and B.Sc Life Sciences.
These institutions, like JIPMER, BHU, and AFMS, have recently announced that they will be conducting nursing admissions based on NEET 2024 scores. Stay updated with these notifications for the latest information on BSc Nursing admission through NEET UG 2024.
Maharashtra admission to BSc nursing admission through NEET
Admission to BSc nursing courses in Maharashtra is granted by the State Common Entrance Test Cell based on NEET results. Candidates are advised to apply for NEET 2024 as per the instructions provided by the authorities.
BHU admission to B.Sc nursing course
To fill 60 B.Sc nursing seats, BHU also provides admission based on NEET scores for BHU nursing program. This ensures an optimal selection process while maintaining the original meaning.
JIPMER admission to B.Sc nursing course
JIPMER, Puducherry offers admission to its B.Sc. nursing program, with 75 available seats. As stated in the official notice, admission to JIPMER nursing institutes will be based on NEET scores. This ensures a rigorous selection process, maintaining quality education for aspiring nurses.
Admission to B.Sc nursing course at AFMC colleges
The official announcement states that admission to 220 seats for B.Sc nursing in 6 Indian Army colleges will be based on NEET 2024 scores. Below is a list of Indian Army institutes that offer B.Sc nursing courses, along with the corresponding number of seats available.
Number of seats
Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
Command Hospital, Kolkata
Command Hospital, Banglore
Command Hospital, Lucknow
Army Hospital (Research & Referral) New Delhi
How many marks required in NEET for BSc nursing in government college
To gain admission to government colleges for the BSc nursing course, candidates must meet the NEET cutoff requirement. The provided NEET cutoff for BSc nursing is as follows.
NEET marks for BSc nursing
NEET cutoff percentile
BSc nursing cut-off marks
Top Nursing Entrance Exams in India
Candidates can explore additional nursing entrance exams conducted by the authority in India for admission to nursing colleges. This offers them the opportunity to broaden their options and select the most suitable path for their academic journey.